Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Employed? Yes I am.

I start orientation this Friday at 8:00 AM. I will have a uniform (and what does it say about my parochial school childhood and military adulthood that I am pleased as punch to have one?) that I have to buy. I will be wearing a green polo shirt and khaki pants with tennis shoes. The manager was quite apologetic that I have to buy the shirt since they are about to change that policy and will eventually be giving each employee two official green shirts to wear but until then I have to supply my own. I have no problem with that; I haven't been clothes shopping in so long that I am excited to get to buy something new!

The sad thing is that I won't be able to go on a trip to Northern Arizona that Ed and I planned for this weekend. He will go without me so I will be taking the bus to my first day of work. I won't be able to see the snow or the friends we planned to stay with up there but Ed will let them know I wanted to come. I certainly missed a lot of fun trips while working my old job so this isn't even unusual for me.

Ed and I are both thinking of this as an adventure. He agrees that it will be fun to find out what it's like to work in a grocery store and that the physical part of the job will be good for me. I won't stop looking for work more in my area of expertise or wage range but this is definitely better than sitting on the couch getting angry over the latest ridiculous statement made by some fundamentalist in Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment